Your body is going to require plenty of recovery time to heal from a tooth extraction. Often due to an assortment of issues, a tooth may need to be pulled. Not to worry though, as there are plenty of dental replacement therapies to make your smile full once again. However, it is important to take the appropriate safety precautions to allow your mouth the adequate recovery to heal.
Your oral health services guide for tooth extraction recoveries features the following attributes:
– Your body has a delightful ability to heal itself, but don’t waste its precious resources elsewhere, so make sure to allow yourself time for rest. If possible, stray from all types of strenuous labor and exercise.
– Follow the instructions given by your dentist and adhere to them to the letter.
– If any irregularities should arise during your recovery, contact your dentist as soon as you can.
– Swelling is normal in your face and mouth, so use ice packs to minimize inflammation.
– Use any medications exactly as prescribed by your dentist. If any pain persists, never increase the dosage, but rather you should speak with your dentist.
– Oftentimes the anesthesia will make eating or drinking hard. To prevent choking risks, do not eat anything before the anesthesia wears off.
To discuss your tooth extraction options with Dr. Troy Walton and the rest of our team at Redwood Dental, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Providence, Utah. Our number is 435-571-0288. Our team is here waiting to help get you the smile you’ve always wanted!