Your teeth can be easily damaged in a variety of ways. Although we cannot protect ourselves from every oral accident or injury that can occur, we can protect ourselves from the microscopic threats that seek to destroy our smiles.
Plaque buildup along our teeth, resulting from the accumulation of bacteria over time, can harm our teeth. With ingredients such as sugar, the bacteria can create harmful acids that can eat holes through our tooth enamel, called cavities. Prevent cavities with optimum oral health. Here are some suggestions:
– Eat wholesome foods and try to avoid snacking throughout the day.
– Studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes after a meal can facilitate the production of saliva, which can help prevent cavities.
– Brush your teeth twice daily with an ADA-approved toothpaste cleaner and a comfortable properly-sized toothbrush with soft bristles.
– Improve your oral hygiene by practicing more effective customs to brush and floss.
– Floss once a day with ADA-approved dental floss or an approved dental flossing tool.
– Avoid sugary snacks and drinks. Sugar can be reconstituted into harmful acids in your mouth that can eat away at tooth enamel.
– Visit your dentist at Redwood Dental during your scheduled exams for oral examinations and professional cleanings.
– Use additional cleaning utensils, such as mouthwash, to wash away food particles and harmful bacteria.
If you would like to schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Troy Walton, please call our office at 435-755-6562. You can also make an appointment by visiting our office in Providence, Utah. Your smile deserves the pinnacle of care, and we can gladly provide it. Come see us soon!